Thursday, October 4, 2012

What Would You Pay To Go Into Space?

Rarely do I share straight up news articles in my blog, but this one sent my head buzzing. I listen to Sarah Brightman, love her music in fact. This article says she's spending over $51 million to go into space sometime in 2014 or 2015.

I don't know. It's hard to wrap my head around the value of such an extravagant expenditure. $51 million? Is that money like pocket change to her or is the trip living out a dream before she dies? Maybe my practical side kicks in when I hear the cost. I think of all the other things a person could do down here on this planet with that kind of money to spend.

Maybe I should use my sense of humor for this one. I'm currently trying to justify a trip from Kentucky to California to do research for a book. I suppose it's all just subjective. Right?

Good luck, Sarah. Safe journey out among the stars. Be sure to write about it when you return. I don't think I'm going to accrue enough travel points in my lifetime.

Space Tourist Sarah Brightman

My favorite work by her is a CD called "Harem". Here's a song from it.

No comments: